Who We Are
Have you met our hot-shot team of tech-savvy hybrids?
Our team thinks creatively – but acts strategically. We plan perfectly. We design and develop. We measure and monitor. We boost brands, and cultivate real connections.
We also live big and sleep in late on Sundays – just like you!
Meet the Dc team; the people who make the magic happen.
- Don-E Coady Creative Director
- Dc is the founder and Creative Director of Dc Design House, an award-winning advertising and design company in St. John’s. Dc is a two-term president of the Business Association of NL; a director on the St. John’s Board of Trade; has been honoured as Volunteer of the Year by both the St. John’s Board of Trade and MusicNL, as well as Video of the Year Director, Rotary Northwest Aidan Maloney Young Professional of the Year; and has been selected to participate in the Governor General’s Canadian Leadership Conference and as one of the top 50 under 40 emerging leaders in Atlantic Canada. He is also an active mentor with multiple organizations in St. John’s. As an active supporter and contributor to our tech, creative and business communities and associations, you'll find Dc around the boardroom table or volunteering with any of the following: It’s Mental, Boys & Girls Clubs of St. John’s, The City of St. John’s R.E.A.L. Program, YACC, UnpossibleNL, Futurepreneur, E3Network, Positive Change Project, TEDx St. John’s. Outside of business, Dc is a singer, songwriter, musician and event emcee (709, Turbulence, Mt. Scio); most recently starring in NTV’s EntrepreneurNL, a lifestyle-documentary featuring four up-and-coming entrepreneurs. Dc lives to create, contribute, and communicate about big ideas that help make our city great!
- Stories by Don-E Coady
- Denise Goodyear Account Director / Partner
- Denise knows how to get ‘er done with style. She’s a business management marketing program graduate from CNA and spent 11 years in media sales and marketing advisory before joining Dc Design House. Her experience and passion for looking at the big picture has made her a real go-to in our local market. An avid networker, Denise has been involved in membership groups in multiple industries. She’s a past president of the Business Association of NL and spent many years on its executive; has spent numerous years as an active volunteer, committee and board member of CHBA-NL, also receiving their prestigious non-builder Member of the Year Award in 2010; serves as a membership committee member and go to marketer for NLCA; a member of NLOWE and likely to be found at most business networking functions around the city. Denise is a knee-slap laugher, loves her rock music (even a little metal) and lives to be the best mom she can be to her amazing five year old son. Filled with passion for the industry and a no room for failure attitude, Denise works to motivate the team everyday to build meaningful marketing strategies and create impactful advertising campaigns.
- Stories by Denise Goodyear
- Dave Lane Development Partner
- Dave Lane wears several hats: he is development partner at Dc Design House, managing a team of web developers, designers, and social media experts; he is a Councillor-at-Large for the City of St. John's, chairing and sitting on several committees; he is an entrepreneur, working to establish a multi-use, shared-space tech/arts/social enterprise complex; and he is a husband, washing dishes and driving his better half to and from work. Dave has worked in web development, marketing, and communications since 1998, and earned a joint degree in computer science and business from Memorial University. Prior to being elected to Council, Dave chaired Happy City St. John's, and continues this engagement work as chair of the City's "Engage!" task force, a city-led group which developed the new St. John's public engagement framework in 2014. You can learn more about Dave at www.DaveLaneStJohns.ca
- Stories by Dave Lane
- Sean Quinn Creative Producer
- Sean creates things, and has been at it for four years under the Dc umbrella. He completed the Graphic Design program at CNA in 2012; receiving two student Pinnacle Awards of Excellence and a gold medal at the Skills Canada competition that same year. A minimalist at heart, Sean enjoys the outdoors, tacos, back scratches, and cookies.
- Stories by Sean Quinn
- Jon Howard Development Team
- Jon is our senior web developer and a kickass guitarist in local band The Rogues. He’s a Buddha in a bash shell, a ninja in his sleep, a hacker in training and a wizard in his dreams.
- Stories by Jon Howard
- Jacelle Blagdon Production Coordinator
- Jacelle is our residential production guru who keeps our deadlines tight and projects efficient. A graduate of CNA, advocate for mental health, and a volunteer for various other health causes; Jacelle is all about making her community better. Being a part of Dc allows her to reach those audiences through the clients, who share the same community vision.
- Stories by Jacelle Blagdon
- Alisha Morrissey Senior Copywriter
- Alisha, senior copywriter for Dc Design House, has been a professional writer for more than 15 years and can help your company say what it means. She leads all content creation and editing, offering clarity, consistency, and following all SEO best practices. Alisha is a potty-mouth and music snob, though she cannot play any instruments or sing.
- Stories by Alisha Morrissey
- Erin Molloy Senior Project Manager
- Erin is our grounding force. Along with this, she is the senior project manager and an important connection between the Design House and so many of our awesome clients. She’s worked in public relations for over 10 years, and uses these skills to strengthen opportunities for our clients everyday. She has worked in communications and marketing in a number of industries, including healthcare, not-for-profit, government, financial, and oil and gas, from St. John's to Toronto. All this means she’ll make every project exceed your expectations.
- Stories by Erin Molloy
- Sid Williams Creative Producer
- For 10 years Sid, one of our graphic designers, has been working on awesome campaigns as a production artist and all the way to art director; winning marketing awards for everyone from small mom-and-pop shops to huge oil and gas companies. He inspires us all to make art that turns heads, makes people think, and has some meaning; that “hell yes!” moment of creative breakthrough. Despite never calling himself an artist, Sid has been named one of the top 250 graphic artists in the country.
- Stories by Sid Williams
- Greg Hicks Creative Producer
- Greg is the latest addition to Dc’s creative team. After spending the better part of his years heavily involved in street art and photography, his natural decision was to pursue a career in the world of design. During his free time you can find him writing and producing hip-hop music, eating pizza, or exploring the many wonders that our island has to offer with camera in hand.
- Stories by Greg Hicks
- Motaz Khalil Development Team
- Upon graduating from MUN in 2012, with a bachelor in computer science, Motaz (Mo, for short) worked as a web developer on projects ranging from simple brochure websites to more complex projects such as reservation and scheduling systems. Now, he’s working as a junior web developer all day and attending Memorial as a graduate student to complete a MBA! Mo loves games - video games, board games, card games - and loves a good long walk.
- Stories by Motaz Khalil
- Nicole Button Copywriter
- Nicole joined the DC Design House team with 12 years experience in communications and marketing, including work in advertising, broadcasting, public relations and community relations. She’s written for the media, about the media, and as the media, and now she’s our resident copywriter; the Ying to Alisha’s Yang. A member of the Board of Directors for the Buckmaster’s Circle Community Centre and the Community Centre Alliance, she stays engaged in the community, and loves every aspect of being a helper to all humans. Nicole has an eight-year-old son and a three-year-old daughter, who light up her life and mess up her house, and somehow she still finds to create art and listen to every vinyl in her extensive collection.
- Stories by Nicole Button
- Kelly Strickland Project Manager
- Since graduating Memorial University with a business commerce degree Kelly has held a variety of marketing positions in sectors ranging from technology to not-for-profit. As a project manager with Dc, she’s able to combine her passion for creative marketing, her ability to make detailed plans, and her love of people. She finds nothing more inspiring or energizing than meeting with clients and translating their passion into clear marketing objectives, paired with beautiful creative pieces.
- Stories by Kelly Strickland