Ones and zeros? QA for days? Do you code at the top of the class? We’re looking for you!
We are a fast-growing creative production house and we need a developer to come in here and whip up some wicked websites and learn from our expert team!
What’s the Job?
We’re looking for a Web Developer and Systems Administrator who revels in rocking code, who knows the real meanings of acronyms like CSS, PHP, and HTML. Our dev team builds the sexiest, smartest, most-intuitive websites, so come on in if you can keep up!
You’ll also help out with general IT system administration and support like managing our internal data backup process; handling DNS management; providing server support; setting up e-mail and hosting accounts (primarily using Google Apps); overseeing internal processes, data security; and other general IT support as needed.
The right individual for this role will be required to develop and maintain multiple websites, many of which will be responsive. You are a motivated and energetic developer who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to a varying number of challenges, is detail-oriented, and takes extreme pride in your work.
You are also excited about constantly advancing your skills to meet current best practices and new ideas for web design and development.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work with web designers and other members of the Dc team to build and refine graphic designs for websites
- Create site layout/user interface from provided design concepts using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Convert raw images and layouts from a graphic designer into CSS/HTML themes
- Setup and customize CMSs for websites
- Determine appropriate architecture and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations to team
- Follow SEO best practices and web development standards
- Test websites and identify and resolve any technical problems
- Upload websites onto server and register them with various search engines
- Specifications/requirements gathering
- Manage data backup process
- Handle DNS registrations, renewals, and changes
- Provide web server support
- Setting up e-mail and hosting accounts (Google Apps)
- Oversee data security and internal data management processes
- General IT support
- Routine maintenance of existing sites and applications
- Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities
- Work closely with web designers and other members of the Dc team to develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines and to ensure timely completion of deliverables
- Produce project estimates including expertise required, total number of development hours required, etc.
Whatchu waiting for?
So, are you an organized, professional, brand believer? Do you love working with a team of fun-loving creative types? Then apply today today or get in touch with Jacelle to be part of our dev team and in return we’ll give you a paycheque and even have cake on your birthday!